Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Authentic Balenciaga from Neiman Marcus

I just placed an order with Neiman Marcus for a Balenciaga Classic City Bag in Rose Blush with Rose Gold Hardware (pictures of front and back posted below).


Total amount including tax came to $1,703.16 (retail was $1,545.00) and FREE Shipping. Hopefully I'll get it in a few days.

I figured since I have at least 2 Balenciagas on it's way and possibly a 3rd one from Vanco as well as the one I got from Maja I needed to learn a little more about these bags so I can spot a good or bad replica. The one I got from Neiman's is closes to the one I got from Maja. It's not the same bag though because the one from Maja has silver hardware and the one from Neiman's has rose gold hardware.

I was unable to find the exact style so it was the closest I could find. I'm not sure what this means. It could be that that particular style is simply out of stock.

In any case it would be interesting to see how well the replicas compare to the Authentic and also how the replicas compare to each other since they are all from different price points. The one from Maja was only $90 including shipping. I got 2 from Joy, one for $129 and another for $233. I am also getting one from Vanco that is $135. I can't wait to see how they compare to each other and to the authentic :).

Cheers!!!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. hello
    As an owner of both replica and authentic bags, can you tell me if it is possible to own a replica which can hold up as long as an authentic bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, if you have a quality replica like the ones I've gotten from Joy and take care of it like you would an authentic bag I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that it will hold up just as well! I personally do not have any reps that are more than 2 years old but that is by choice. I get bored very quickly and because I buy so many every month I have to get rid of old ones to make room. I only have room to keep about 75 bags at a time :(.

      Delete
    2. I should also mention that I've seen pictures of replicas that are 5 to 7+ years and they look amazing still :).

      Delete
  2. I have replicas that are perfect after tons of use and authentic bags that fell apart after hardly any use. I had handles fall off the Chanel bag that was pampered and leather peel from a ysl bag afte three times of use. Also after waiting for repairs not only I was charged for it but also had to be sent back twice to three times till it was fixed the right way. It was a frustrating experience. With balenciaga unless you buy it directly from a balanciaga store they will not accept repairs.

    ReplyDelete