Thursday, April 11, 2013

Authentic Balenciaga from Neiman's vs Replica from NBF

I couldn't wait to post this! So I received my Balenciaga from Neiman Marcus this morning. I don't have time to do a review yet but it will be the first thing I do this weekend. But I do want to give you my initial thoughts.

First of all the bag is GORGEOUS and the color is beautiful! It is called Rose Blush which is the same color as the bag I got from Maja who purchased it from NBF. The only difference is the authentic has rose gold hardware and the one from NBF has silver hardware.

 Right off the bat I can tell that the color is not the same. The one from Neiman's is a much darker peach color where the one from NBF was a very light peach. I love both colors but if I had to choose one I would prefer the lighter color of the replica.

Now I am not sure what this means. Either Balenciaga has another lighter Rose Blush or NBF got the color off and it never existed. But I honestly don't care because I love this bag THAT MUCH!!!

Then I felt the leather and OMG!!!!! The leather of the authentic feels nothing like the replica and you know what??? The one from NBF which was only $90 (including shipping) from the sales section feels WAAAAAAAY BETTER than the one from Neiman's. The authentic is just over $1,700.00 (after taxes) and it doesn't feel as nice as the $90 replica - how crazy is that?!

I'm not saying it doesn't feel good but it almost doesn't feel like real leather. The one from NBF was buttery soft and feels super luxurious but the authentic one feels somewhat dry and rubbery. I just cannot believe this!!!!

Now as far as size goes I believe they are the same. I don't have the one from NBF here with me so I can't compare them side by side but just eyeballing it I think they are the same.

So the color is off and the leather is off but I am soooooo happy that the $90 feels better than the $1,700 authentic version!!! Woo Hooo!!!!!

P.S.
I'll take pictures and video this weekend though I wish you could touch the leather and see what I mean. Even my employer's wife prefers the one from NBF!

16 comments:

  1. Glad you feel that way because IMHO $1545 on an authentic Bal in Rose Blush is a waste of money...

    Google Rose Blush on the Purse Forum not too many fans of that color and leather so if you ever tired of the bag you'd have a harder time selling it. :(

    I had an authentic Agneau City in the unpopular color "Parme" which I was only able to get $680 for on consignment and it was in very good condition.

    It's so weird...certain colors of Bal just don't sell well no matter what the condition and they're very fragile bags.

    Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait you spent more than $1545 lol because Rose Gold hardware costs you $300-$400 more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was $1,545 before taxes but $1,703.16 after taxes so that's a big chunk of change :).

      Delete
  3. This is GREAT news for us rep buyers... yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! An amazing bag for a fraction of the cost? I couldn't be happier :).

      Delete
  4. Hi Sarah, just to let you know I registered to the forum and awaiting moderator's approval.
    Username : handycandy19

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweetie! I just activated your account so you should be able to log in now :).

      Delete
  5. This is amazing! I am going to look at NBF more closely right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been checking their site almost everyday but they have such a limited stock and I haven't seen any more sales lately. If they have another one at $90 with Free Shipping I swear I will get all of them LOL. I am DEAD SERIOUS though as long as they are all different colors. I am just so impressed with it, UNBELIEVABLE!!!

      Delete
  6. Bals is one of those bags they released bags in all colours no one knows what colour they haven't done. even the classic black has variants in them. apparently no bah is the same. which if that's the case makes it so easy to replicate hence I think Bal bags would be the best replicated item on the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's good to know! Seriously I think Bals is fast becoming my favorite brand right up there with Chanel!

      Delete
  7. what is nbf website , I so badly want to check it out after seeing this

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for being a blogger that updates regularly, me and my girls learn so much from you. impatient to see pictures of the bags aswel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! Yes I am impatient to review them all lol. Unfortunately I work very long hours and have other personal obligations which keeps me from updating as often as I'd like. But truth be told I am already neglecting a lot of things just so I can work on the blog lol.

      Delete
  9. I hve a 2007 twiggy in anthracite that is way better then a real bal. bag. I have about 5 bags from nbf my fav is my black velo w/rose gold hardware, my not so fave is a city in outremer the leather used on this bag is very delicate and stratches easily so I don't carry it that much. When it comes to nbf you never really know what your gonna get.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Grirs,
    I am new to this blog but got interested in buying balenciaga from NBF.
    How do I order it from them as there is no e-mail address or any way how to ask question.
    And I wanted to order balenciaga mini which they do not have on their website.
    thanks girls for you help

    ReplyDelete