Saturday, April 13, 2013

Balenciaga Reference Guide

This post is intended to act as a Reference Guide for Authentic Balenciaga Handbags.
 
Balenciaga produces several different styles in a variety of colors so it is nearly impossible to identify them all. However, I will do my very best to cover the most common styles.
 
Before I begin I would like to make it clear that I am NOT an expert in this brand or any other brand for that matter. I am merely a buyer just like yourself who is passionate about designer handbags and happens to own many of both Authentic and Replica bags from various designers.
 
The information compiled here are what I've learned through personal experience and research. Some are gathered from online resources that I consider to be reliable as well as those provided to me by my wonderful readers and forum members.
 
If you happen to notice any incorrect information here please DO NOT hesitate to point them out to me. I promise I WILL NOT get offended. Actually I would be most grateful to those who take the time to share their knowledge and expertise. This guide is not just for my readers, it is also my own personal cheat sheet so it makes sense that I would want the most accurate information :).
 
 *********************************************************************

Here is a great video that Maja created for newbies wanting to learn more about Balenciagas



And here is another great video from Youtube that was recommended by a forum member.



STYLE NAMES

Here is a list of the most common style bags produced. This may not be a complete list so if you know of others please let me know so I can add them.

Please NOTE:  All Measurements are in Inches.

Balenciaga First (aka: Small, Classique, Le Dix, Lariat )
Serial Code: 103208
Measures 13 x 2.5 x 7.5 with an 18" shoulder strap
Fairly flat with rounded edges

Balenciaga City (aka: Medium)
Serial Code: 115748
Measures 15 x 4 x 10 with a 24" shoulder strap
This bag is roomy and perfect as an everyday bag

Balenciaga Work (aka: Office, Large)
Serial Code:  132110
Measures 18 x 6 x 12
Great for carrying files and folders.

Balenciaga Weekender
(aka: Voyage)
Serial Code: 110506
Measures 21  x9 x 15
You can carry just about everything in this bag!

Balenciaga Purse
Serial Code: 128522
Retails approximately US$1095
Measures 16 x 2 x 11
Slightly larger than the City size but slimmer, the Purse is great for shopping trips.

Balenciaga Box

Serial Code: 145694
Measures 13 x 6 x 6.5
This every day style perfect for casual use.

Balenciaga Twiggy
Serial Code: 128523
Measures 14.5 x 6.5 x 9, with a 23" shoulder strap
This style is slightly longer and larger than the Box style. It is a great bag for casual, every day use.

This Reference Guide is a Work in Progress so I will be adding to it whenever I have the time to do more research so please check back. And if you are knowledgeable with this brand I would love to hear from you :).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment