Saturday, April 13, 2013

Comparison of Joys Replica vs NBF Replica vs Authentic Balenciaga

And here is a video comparison of the replica Purple Patent Balenciaga Giant 21 from Joy vs the Giant 12 from NBF and the Classic from Neiman Marcus.

Overall I am happy with the quality of this bag considering the price however it is not nearly as nice as the one from NBF and there are some fairly obvious flaws. Also I am not sure how accurate the details are to the authentic version. The leather itself is comparable to the Authentic Classic from Neiman Marcus. They are not the same type of leather but they feel comparable in quality.

CORRECTIONS
Due to my limited knowledge I made a few mistakes (probably more than a few lol) which Kim and other forum members have kindly pointed out to me.

This bag is a Giant 21 NOT a Giant 12. I was told the Giant 21 has larger studs so I'm glad to hear that part is correct :). Also in the video I rated this bag a 9 but I actually meant to say an 8!!! It's a good bag (for me) but there are quite a few discrepancies that many of you probably would not be able to live with.


So if you are looking for a high quality or as close to mirror image of the Giant 21 I do not recommend this bag. I think it is beautiful and fun and I am happy with it but I am much more forgiving when it comes to accuracy especially with Balenciaga. And that's probably because I don't know very much about them :). I just like the style and look of the bags and I love all the fun colors so the details do not matter as much.

I have another one coming from Joy which should be here by Friday at the latest. That one is the higher price point and was described as True Mirror Image. I will let you know my thoughts on it once I receive it but I trust Joy so if she says it is True Mirror Image than I expect it is :).

If you are on a budget but would still like to get a good replica I suggest getting it from NBF when they have one of their sales. The regular price is the same as Joy's higher price point.

I am also planning to purchase a few more bals from AliExpress to test out the quality so I'll let you know on that as well. Gosh so many bags and never enough time LOL.

Enjoy the video!!!


*********************************************************************




11 comments:

  1. Can you give the exact link to the bag you bight from joy? I want to see if it's the same as the one I intend to buy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go: Www.fabulousaaa.com/balenciaga-giant-hardware-balenciaga-085332b-giant-city-handbag-purple-patent-p-8701.html

      Delete
  2. Could you be so kind to give me this NBF website. Id really like to buy a Bal
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marie! U can find it in the section of this website called Reccomended Sellers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://fashionismydrug123.blogspot.com/2012/11/celebrities-and-balenciaga.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to visit this link but all I see are 2 thumbnail pics that I could not make out details :(.

      Delete
  5. There are two different types of giant hardware. The NBF bag is the new style and the Fabaaa bag is the older style? While your Fabaaa bag is not a good as the NBF bag as a rep, it is is still true to a style of Bal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, so the details on the one from FabAAA is accurate? Can you send me a link to the authentic one of the same style so I can share it? I am still so clueless when it comes to Bals so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated :).

      Delete
  6. Try this link.
    http://www.lovebbags.com/p/faqs.html

    Also google Kourtney Kardashian balenciaga giant hardware. She rocked the giant hardware and made it Hollywood famous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see how this one compares to the higher price point. I'm hoping they are similar, so I can just go with the cheaper version ;)

    ReplyDelete