Monday, April 22, 2013

IMPORTANT READ on the ABC's of Replicas

Smart Smith, who is a seller and also a member of our forum wrote a post that I agree with 1,000% and felt it was important enough that I wanted to share this with you as well as my response to it.

If you are New to buying replicas or if you are one of those people who are SUPER PICKY with replicas you need to read this. I really believe some people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to replicas because even the authentics are NOT perfect yet some people go all crazy when they find a tiny flaw on a rep that they spent $100 that would have cost them $1,000s if they had purchased the authentic version.

****************************************************************

Smart Smith's Post:

I know there are many professionals here in the forum. They know the authentic designer bags (or whatever) well, even the slightest detail can be noted. I really like dealing with these people, as I can learn a lot from them myself. HOWEVER, I don't think you know replicas well, therefore allow me to share with you something about replicas in my knowledge.

I have been in replica business since 2008. The companies I've worked for include EHBestFashion, ReplicaEStore, HandbagsOutlet, PursesMama, and I started my own business on Facebook since Dec. 2011. It's my 6th year in business, so I am sure I have some say in this topic.

There are different grades of replicas, namely: B, A, A+, 1:1, original (I am sure some have heard about original quality grade before, but many of you have this confused with 1:1). Let me open it up a bit more:

1. I don't want to talk about B quality. It's the most disgraceful knockoffs, made of complete plastic, about $20-30 per piece, mostly sold on street sides.

2. A quality. It's still bad replicas, but at least it's made of PU or PVC, more durable than B and it's about $30-$80. HandbagHeaven is selling exactly the same quality, except that they don't have the logos. The hardware is a pain, totally crap, made of plated plastics.

3. A+ or Super A quality. Some of you are told "Special A" quality or AAA quality. I must say that replicas of Super A quality are already very good, at least they are made of real leather. Most websites are selling Super A replicas, but the hardware is a misery, they break easily, especially the rings on Louis Vuitton bags (namely the Galliera, the Artsy). I am sure most of you have bad experiences of hardware coming apart.

4. 1:1 quality. It's pretty much the same as Super A quality, but with better hardware. The leather used for this grade are either first layer calf, lambskin or sometimes, suede. You can hardly tell the difference between a 1:1 quality replica and a Super A replica from the leather materials, because they use the same leather. But of the same piece of calf leather, the better part (neck, belly) is used for 1:1 while the rest for Super A quality. All leather used for 1:1 and Super A is local Chinese calf or lambskin.

I know some websites have successfully misled you to believe that 1:1 quality replicas are made of imported leather. There are numerous blog entries on the web about 1:1 replicas in original imported leather. They are just part of marketing operations by online trading companies. As part of the manufacturing team before, I can reassure you that NO 1:1 quality replicas are made of imported leather, which is 3-5 times the price of local leather. As a matter of fact, people in the factory or production line have them called separately. 1:1 is 1:1, original is original.

The prices for Super A and 1:1 are pretty much close, most websites have them mixed, and claim all their products are of 1:1 quality. If you receive your first item from a website, and the quality is superb, then you place your second order, and it turns out the hardware breaks off easily, it's most probably the kind of websites I am talking about.

5. Original quality. The ONLY version of replicas made of imported leather (calf or lambskin) and imported hardware (mostly from Switzerland). These items are outrageously expensive. For example, an original quality 35CM Birkin is sold for $1200-$2800 (some websites even claim they are 100% authentic like ModaLuxury.com now closed by GUCCI), and an original quality Chanel medium flap is sold for $450-$1200. HOWEVER, I must say that SOME brands like GUCCI, COACH, BURBERRY and most of LOUIS VUITTON are NOT available in original quality. As far as I am concerned, Celine, Chanel, Prada, Hermes, Fendi and Bottega Veneta have the original quality replicas. Please therefore be aware!

With the above being said, I also need to speak for myself and this industry. SOME replica lovers are just being too picky. They want their replicas to be 100% identical to the real deal, every single detail has to be the same. If you are lucky enough, you may get something like that. HOWEVER, replicas are replicas, not even the original quality replicas can be 100% identical to the real thing from every single detail. We should all understand that replicating is illegal, all factories in China are in the remote countryside or even in the mountains to avoid inspections. They import superior materials to make top quality replicas, so they have to make FULL use of each piece of leather. They may make some tiny changes on designing the bags, like cutting, stitching and sewing, just to avoid waste of leather. I think this should be understood and accepted. We take the risk of getting caught, fined and imprisoned, so you don't have to waste some $1000 to $10000 on a real designer thing. With only a fraction of the price tag, you can get the same quality and bigger excitement that comes along. Shouldn't we be more grateful?

PS: Kim, can you please do me a favor to make this post a sticky thread so more people can read it? Thank you in advance.
****************************************************************

And here is my response to his post:
 
Hi Smart Smith, I agree with you 1,000% that there are too many buyers who are super picky. I have seen people count stitches and measure the exact distance between monograms, or if colors are just a shade off, incorrect date code, dust bags, authenticity cards etc, etc, they complain like it is the end of the world. I feel like telling them that if you are such a perfectionist you should just go and buy the real deal! It annoys me to no end but since I am not a seller I just try to ignore posts like that but sometimes I do put in my 2 cents but nice and polite as possible :D.

I have had many horrible reps and except for 2 times I have never bothered to ask for an exchange, refund or credit. The one time was when I received a dirty Chanel bag so I asked if I could exchange it and then just had to laugh at the seller's response that white is easy to get dirty so clean it lol. The other time was due to ordering the wrong size from Joy which was totally my fault but I had to ask her to exchange because it was for my employer and I didn't want her to get upset with me. Other than those 2 times I have just written off any bad reps as losses.

I realize the risk sellers take and appreciate what they're doing. Only the ones that are obvious scammers who take your $ and don't ship or those that do not allow you to write truthful reviews when it is not positive are the ones that I avoid. And I really can't stand it when a seller tells me an item is a MIRROR IMAGE 1:1 quality because honestly I have never seen one before. Perhaps it is because I tend to stick to the lower price range like the ones I get from Joy. I don't mind those little issues and I am truthful about the flaws in my review but for the most part it does not bother me.

I love most of my reps just as much as my authentic bags with or without the flaws LOL. Thank you for taking the time to post this. I will also post it to my blog because I think people need to see it.

I have gotten so many requests from people who are always asking me to recommend them where they can get a 100% PERFECT MIRROR IMAGE replica of such and such and I have to tell them that there is no such thing but they refuse to believe because they see reviews from other buyers who say their rep is perfect. What they don't seem to realize is that everyone has different opinions. What is perfect to one person may be crap to another.

Another thing that I see often is that buyers blame the seller when an item is less than perfect. They need to realize that most sellers do not make these bags themselves and most probably buy from the same factory. So it is just a draw of luck when one person gets a better rep than the other. And I often see that when there is one negative review of a once respected seller all of a sudden a bunch of people jump in to complain about same seller. Then there will be a positive review about a new seller and everyone flocks to this new seller and it just goes round and round.

Complaints are always louder than praises. When there is one complaint people all get nervous that their items will be crap as well and start to criticize the smallest detail. I don't get it myself but to each their own.

I do expect to get good quality when I buy but for me it has more to do with the quality of the material used (i.e. leather, fabric, hardware etc.) and construction. Extremely bad stitching is a NO NO but a few spots that aren't completely straight is not a big deal.

When I first started my blog I pointed out every single crooked stitch LOL, not because I was complaining about them but because I wanted to be thorough and also because I thought the authentic were perfect. Until I realized otherwise and since then I no longer point out those itty bitty imperfections or if I do I also let it be known that the authentic ones have some of these same imperfections.

Anyway sorry for jacking your thread and rambling for hours LOL. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate that you took the time to post this and I agree with you in every aspect!

21 comments:

  1. Well said. I learned a lot from this post. I do not see this as a recommended site. I am very interested in seeing the LVs offered, as I believe it will be good product. I thought I knew a lot about reps before reading so thank you. How can I find out about this seller's product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi you can find me here on blogspot too. This is Smart Smith.

      Delete
    2. How can I purchase from you!! I seen so many of your bags and they look great. ..

      Delete
    3. How can I purchase from you

      Delete
    4. Hi smart i'm searching for a black chanel 2.55 lambskin for my bother's birthday pleaaaaaaaaaaaase help me my e mail is : riyadhmankour7@gmail.com

      Delete
    5. Please email how I can buy kealani1975@hotmail.com.

      Delete
    6. Hi how can I purchase from Smart? I am in the US and would love to purchase from him. I am looking for the perfect 27th birthday gift. Sorry if this reply posts twice but Google made me start over. Anyway my emails are clairetou@ymail.com or cevetou@yahoo.com

      Thanks - Claire

      Delete
    7. How can I buy purchase Chanel from Smart ? Iam in Canada and I would love to buy from him . I tried all over wiht out success
      My email is patricia_mag@hotmail.com

      Thank you patricia

      Delete
    8. Girls i have really good quality of bags and another things of CH... I will send u the picture of everything!! patty_motinha@hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. He seems like an honest seller...I'm gonna brave it and try a product from him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful post. How can we find this seller?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, I would just like to clear something up. I AGREE with a lot of what Smart Smith Posted but mainly with the part about buyers being picky. I don't know squat about the points on the quality of the leather because I see so many terms being used by so many sellers so I have no comments for that part of his post. I should have made that clear.

    In regards to why he is not listed in the "Recommended Seller List" it is because I have not personally purchased from him myself and so far I have not seen any positive (or negative) reviews from any of our members. And as I said I do not add sellers until I have either experienced good service personally or that seller was recommended by someone I trust which has not been the case.

    Sorry Smart Smith, this is not meant to offend you but I want to be sure about a seller before I add them to my list and since I haven't seen any reviews about you yet I don't know where you would fit in on my Seller List. Once I've seen at least a few or have tried you out myself I will feel better and know where to put your info :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Smart Smith and Sarah, thank you for the great post and the amazing blog respectively.

    As I am a newbie at purchasing replicas, I just want to find out if anyone has any idea where I can get the more pricey but original quality prada, bottega or chanel bags.

    Thanks for your time, and again, for the very informative articles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maddy, if you have been following my blog than you'll know that I am not too picky. I can forgive minor flaws and I have a set budget on replicas. Minor flaws do not bother me and I do not expect a replica to look exactly like the authentic bag. Most will have some minor variations.

      For Chanel, I believe you will be most happy with Uncle Bench or Fang. I am clueless with Bottega so can't help you there. You should post your question on the forum as well to get some feedback from other members. Good Luck in your search :).

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the information! I have indeed purchased a 100% perfect replica before (we're talkin inside & out) so I do know for a fact that they exist, I can buy authentic Coach from their outlet site for less than most replicas of A class or better (I would never bother with B class). I agree with even the real thing not being perfect I've seen & owned authentic LV with a stitch out of place but I do think that If I am going to spend the money (as said I can get AUTHENTIC Coach, or Dooney, or MK for less than most replicas including FabAAA (especially with expensive wire fees & EMS costs) so I do at least expect the interior lining to be the same color, the same datecode format (otherwise why bother with datecodes at all?) same stiching color & hardware & I do NOT think it is too much to ask for the cost. These are not cheap Wal-mart bags we're talking about people! However I agree with much of what you say but many companies like Burberry, Dooney & Bourke, Coach & MK manufacture their original wares in China so it stands to reason that most replica companies located in that same country can replicate those brands 1:1 inside & out, hey, if the original company can why can't you? I do sincerely want to THANK YOU GUYS for pricing high end quality goods at a reasonable price tag & not an insane price like the original companies do, they need to realize that if they were more affordable to the everyday woman (which btw, IS REAL FASHION) then there would be no need or demand for replica & no need for expensive law-suits. Thank you & I love this site! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. On Pursevalley.cn You Can Buy Replica Handbags, Shoes, Sunglasses, Incredible Sales For Black Friday!
    Hurry Up, Offer Available Only This Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I purchase from smart smith?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    Thanks for your marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you are a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from now on. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice day.

    I hope it would really helpful for my link Black Leather Clutch Bags

    Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Thanks for your marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you are a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from now on. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice day.

    I hope it would really helpful for my link Black Leather Clutch Bags

    Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can there be a colour difference too between orginal n replica.pl let me know. Tnank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m frequent reader of your blog. Every post sounds good. Thanks for sharing the info. replica watches india

    ReplyDelete