Monday, April 29, 2013

Jewelry Forum Delayed for Maybe 1-2 Weeks

I was hoping to spend this weekend working on the grand opening for my new Jewelry Forum for all the jewelry junkies but it looks like it will take at least another week or two.

Some of you know I have major insomnia, and a few other health issues which I won't bore you with. I sometimes worry I'll end up like my mother who takes more meds than she eats food due to so many health issues. She has high blood pressure, cholesterol, a heart condition, Alzheimer's, insomnia and a few I can't even pronounce.

For me my sleep pattern is the worst and I also have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) which makes it impossible to sleep or function during the day without meds.

For the last 3-4 years now I cannot for the life of me fall asleep before 2am anymore unless I take sleeping pills. About 8 months ago I took Unisom for about a week and discovered my body got used to it and I could not sleep at all without taking them. So I stopped and now I'm back to staying up all hours of the night. If I fall asleep by midnight I consider myself lucky but that is very rare.

This past Friday night I took 3 Unisom gels (you're only supposed to take 1 but I have high tolerance) and fell asleep by 10:30pm (so says my husband) which was awesome! Unfortunately I didn't wake up till 2pm so half the day slept away :(.

My husband didn't wake me because he thought I needed the sleep since I've only been getting about 4 to 6 hours a night lately and I'm so tired all the time now

I'm very fortunate my employer isn't very strict because I'm at least 1 to 1.5 hrs late for work everyday although I do stay late to make up for it and usually end up tacking on an hour or two over the 8 hrs I would have worked had I come in on time.

I'm not a morning person so I'm more productive in the evenings anyway  and I rarely eat lunch anymore so that helps as well though it's certainly not healthy.

Most other employers would not have tolerated my tardiness regardless of how late I stay. After all how can they be sure I'm actually working and not messing around when no one else is there to watch? So the fact that he trusts me (at least I think he does lol) makes him the most amazing employer I've ever worked for! Seriously, I LOVE my job and I absolutely ADORE my employer!

Anyway because I started my Saturday so late I was extremely groggy so it took a few hours with 2 cups of coffee and 2 Mountain Dews before I perked up. I spent the rest of Saturday answering emails and getting caught up with posting submissions. I am proud to say I have almost all of them done now so I am close to being caught up, yay!

Then today (well yesterday really because I'm talking about Sunday and am writing this at 2am on Monday morning in the middle of the night) I woke up at noon (fell asleep around 3am this morning) and my dear husband turned on the TV. He had recorded my favorite shows, TWD (The Walking Dead) and Game of Thrones. So I ended up watching the last episode of TWD and 2 episodes of Game of Thrones and then saw that Breaking Dawn Part 2 was available on Demand so I had to watch that too lol. So basically I spent over 4 hours in bed watching TV (bad, bad, bad). When I finally got out of bed I had to spend a few hours answering emails, updating my blog and checking in with the Forum.

Afterwards I made a video of my new replica Louis Vuitton Portobello PM (which I have not posted yet) and spent a few more hours taking detailed photos for the Balenciaga's I got from Vanco including comparison shots with my Authentic one from Neiman Marcus. I LOVE them all and can't wait to show you but it might have to wait till next weekend depending on whether I can find the time during the week after work.

I believe my job will continue to stay crazy busy until we get some help so I rarely have time to glance at personal email during the week anymore. Usually I work till 7pm. The latest I've ever stayed was 10pm but I only did that twice in the 6 years I've worked here.

But we have gotten so busy I can't seem to catch up regardless of how late I stay :(. So a few times now I've left at 6 or 6:30 simply because I am just exhausted. I hope things slow down a bit so I can get caught up. I enjoy staying busy but only when I know I'll eventually catch up and right now it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon :(.

Sorry, there I go rambling and getting off subject - I do this a lot lol.

So I'm going to give myself a little more time to get the jewelry forum up but in the meantime I continue to get loads of emails. I'm flattered that so many are contacting me for advice and I enjoy chatting with all of you but please bear in mind that I may not be able to respond to you for several days. I also have a bad habit of answering emails from the top down instead of from the bottom up which means I answer new emails first and the older mails get delayed pushed down further. That is not a good habit so I'm trying hard to remember to start from the bottom up.

Anyway I just wanted to keep you updated on what's going on. Hopefully I will get it ready by next weekend. The foundation is already built so I just need to add graphics and start putting in some products and divide into appropriate categories. I also want to offer any sellers their own category where they can have sub categories to sell their products as well so we can all have fun buying and selling to one another as well as invite our existing customers to join us.

Well that's it for tonight guys, I hope you all had a FABULOUS weekend! I just wish mine were a little more productive but at least I got plenty of rest. Let's hope I get more done next weekend :).

Cheers!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah. You are not alone! I have suffered from insomnia for years, and it is the WORST! Everyone just says go to sleep, but you can't! After all of the many books I have read, I have discovered that a lot of it does work...you just have to stick with it.

    You have to get up and do something like read (Not watch one of my favs Game of Thones!L)in another room. If you have to watch something, watch an old black and white movie or a boring infomercial. Whatever you do, don't toss and turn if you can't sleep. Get up and do something in another room so that your bed can be associated with sleep again. I had to learn to stop working, studying, eating, and watching my favorite shows in bed. It was hard at first, but things did eventually change. Sleeping pills don't work either. I've tried all of them. Your body will get used to the all.

    Sorry, I didn't mean to go on and on! Just know that you're not alone! By the way, I love your blog! I have a pretty extensive replica collection. I plan to post some reviews and pics soon.

    Take Care!


    Mecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mecca, thanks for sharing your story. It's good to know I'm not the only one but I know there are people out there with much worst cases. My mom gets about 3-4 hrs a night and she can't sleep at all during the day no matter what. It's something in her system that if the sun is up her body will not shut down no matter how tired she is. Her mother was the same way and looks like I'm headed in the same direction sigh.

      My Dr. suggested the same thing you mentioned about not staying in bed if you are not tired and you're right it is difficult. The problem is I'll get up and get on the computer and start to nod off but the second I go to bed I'm awake again. Tired and sleepy but still awake. I just don't get it. And honestly I don't want to take anymore meds for that. I'm already on Tramadol for RLS and have severe menstrual cramps almost every month due to fibroids which my doc used to prescribe Hydrocodone/Percs but they will no longer prescribe it due to the addiction rate so now I suffer thru that as well.

      Hey maybe we can chat on Skype or something if we're both unable to fall asleep LOL j/k.

      I'd love to see your reps and reviews so please share them when you get a chance.

      Delete
  2. Sarah you sound like me! I am not a morning person at all, I'd have to be on meth to be up early in the morning lol. Also, I can't fall asleep before 1 am and I don't want to take any pills unless I need emergency sleep like if I have a big day the next day or something. One thing that really helps me, and it's kind of weird lol, are ASMR videos. If you feel super relaxed listening to Bob Ross paint, you might benefit from this. They're just videos of a person whispering or talking very softly about whatever, and they make me fall asleep in about ten minutes. I usually just put my earbuds in at night, and I'm drifting off before the video ends. Just another option, that may or may not work but it's worth mentioning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LViridiana, I'll look into it and give it a try. I'm pretty much willing to do anything at this point except taking more pills. They only make me feel worse in the morning.

      I used to get up and get dolled up for work and lately it's been tshirts and jeans, no make-up and ponytail but at least my purses always look great LOL.

      Delete
  3. Sarah, thank you for sharing your story with us, and no rush - just take care of yourself first and foremost. You already give us so much, and I always look forward to whatever goodies you have on hand! :)

    ReplyDelete